Tuesday 16 October 2007

Musings more

Well now, day two... hm nearly the end of day two at that. I am disappointed that I can't report any dashing dark strangers dressed in flowing robes that swept me off on the back of a horse far into the night.. Maybe that never happens anyway. Instead I got swept into a wave of nostalgia as I went to visit my, nearly to term, pregnant daughter to help her celebrate her last birthday as just Suzi. Twenty one years ago seems a long, long time. From aching to hold my own baby in my arms I now wait to hold hers, the only difference is I didn't know who my baby was going to be until she arrived. Maica Poppy on the other hand has been well established as my newest grand daughter for many months now. We even know that she looks like her daddy. Amazing these 4D scans, a little window into the future.
Her Daddy, Oscar, now, is a dashing, tall, dark stranger who will whisk my daughter away... ok, so not on the back of a horse but still to lands afar. I feel a little sad that they are going off to live in his homeland, Spain. Was it something I said?I have grandchildren in Switzerland, Florida and now soon to be Spain... Still lots of nice holiday visits for when I retire.What a strange day and full of nostalgia. I guess I read somewhere that the greatest gifts we can give our children are roots, so they always belong and wings so that they can fly... I just never thought they would all fly so far but at least it lets me know I did my job OK. Well, almost, my youngest daughter says she's not leaving home until she's at least thirty... Sigh.
http://amelieslog.blogspot.com/

No comments: