Wednesday 3 June 2009

maybe just in time for today...

I have this theory about space and time, the more space the slower time passes. Not sure why but it does. It also goes along with clutter in one's life I am sure. A little while ago I was lucky enough to have won a book in a competition in a writing magazine - First edition - now I rarely win anything and decided my luck is going to be good this year. Then today I started to read the book. I won't give the title until I write a review on the book but within the first few pages I was captured... It is all about getting rid of clutter! How good is a book about clutter... well so far amazing. I have decluttered my desk in the study.... just a start I feel. I am not far into the first chapter and already it has rung so many bells in my head. Haven't I been trying to convince my children forever that a tidy house is a tidy mind. Occasionally my youngest daughter actually agrees with me and mucks out her room.... I refuse to go in there, I'd need to get some or the other shots before I even dared to go near it. No she's not a kid, she's nineteen, bless her. The excuse, ' I work Mum.' Oh yes I remember, travelling 40 miles to and fro work getting in a nine pm and cooking a dinner.... and keeping the house clean and up to date with the washing... I said washing, not ironing note.... But I don't get into that argument because she is only just learning it all, once she gets her own place then I am looking forward to her moaning when I go to her home and leave the dishes on the side, eating something and leaving wrappers on the floor beside the sofa, oh and my shoes and coat where they will be fallen over. I am so going to enjoy that..... I probably won't do it but she doesn't know that but at some time or the other I will get to say..' I told you so' , I am saving that one up.
It does bring me back to time and space. When I worked I did all those things with ease, meals were always cooked, laundry done, house clean and tidy, yet now I work at home, time seems so short and I don't have enough hours in the day. It's only when I have all the housework done and the house tidy that time slows down... How does that work? then I have, or seem to have much more time to write and I acheive so much more. It doesn't make sense does it?
Well talking of time, I might just have enough time to get this blog posted before the bewitching hour, I must start earlier but I get into chatting with my children in other parts of the world and ... that space and time thing again, which reminds me, it's my son in law's birthday today and I must ring him... space and time... he's in America - space- well distance really - and now it is time he should be home from work just when we are ready to go to bed.... Time to go.... and get this message posted to cyber space. xx

No comments: