Friday 5 June 2009

Lazy Day

After the excitement of yesterday I thought I might take a bit of me time, well it's not really me time. I decided to bake, two loaves of bread, a fruit loaf, a ginger gumbo and a victoria sandwich, which took up the entire morning by the time I had waited for said dough to rise. I guess I need something to take my mind of the poor old cat who is still not eating. Struggled to get his tablets down him this morning. I always disguise them in cheese because he loves the stuff but having eaten one he turns his head away from the next lot. He did eat it later on but from a cat that would eat virtually anything he is now down to eating barely two mouthfuls at a time and most of that liquid or food finger fed to him.
I went to friends last night, who have a magnificently huge garden, to scrounge some couch grass for him. Our garden is supposedly low maintenance and the only blade of grass to be seen is nothing the cat would look at. So I bring home three pots of the right grass in the vain hope the cat will 'heal himself'. What do we do? Vet says he isn't in pain, he's an old cat, if we go back it might be for the last time, my daughter cannot bear the thought of that and this must be the worst thing about having pets. That and feeling so helpless. Needless to say, he sniffed the grass in what I thought was an eager way then looked up at me as if to say, 'and this is precisely what?'
Ah well. Mad as some people think I am clutching at straws in an effort to make him feel better, just wish I knew what was wrong with him.
I have decided not to leave my blogs until later because I end up chatting and have to rush them or don't get them finished. Not sure if it is procrastination or what but when I have something so profound to write that I cannot wait to get it down, I waste that opportunity by doing other things and lose the whole gist of it. So why is it that when I have time, like now for instance, I have done nothing to write about. Never mind, it will soon be time to start cooking for the workers.

No comments: