Thursday 12 January 2012

Tiptoeing back!

How long has it been? And you dare to show your face again? I asked myself again and again, do I, don't I? Then I said to myself, what do I have to lose? So I am sneaking in quietly, tipoeing one tiny step at a time, peeping round to make sure no one is going to jump on me and confront me with the childhood remonstration

'And just where do you think you have been? you do realise what time it is, don't you?'

Er, actually yes I do and I was hoping I wouldn't disturb you.

'Well, you have and I will tell you, it is 10.08am and the date is the 12th of January 2012.'

That's my youngest son's birthday, today, he is twenty nine today.

'That's an excuse?'

No, I was just saying...

'Well, you are three years late, three years since you bothered to walk through my door! Was it just to tell me it was the boy's birthday.'

No and he's not a boy, he's a man... I was just sneaking back in because ... er... I don't know, I was reading something on another blog and decided to pop by and revisit an old friend, that's ok, isn't it?

'Hmmph'

I can see you are upset and I know I have neglected you but I will try harder - honest.

'........ '

Hello... so you aren't talking to me now...?

OK I'm sorry, there, I've said it! forgive me ... pleeeaasse?

'Well alright, but I don't expect to be left here sitting around, twiddling my thumbs while you go off galivanting with other blogs, right?'

Yes ok, I promise, I'll stick around but...

'But what?'

What if I can't think of anything to write about, I mean my life is pretty boring these days, a bit of gardening, a bit of painting, playing with the grandkids, housework, you know the sort of stuff, who wants to read that?

'Er, hello... and who am I then, a figment of your imagination? I want to at least get the chance to then I can be the judge of whether your drivel is worth reading or not.'

Point taken, so it's ok to come back and start writing again? you really don't mind?

' Come here you silly idiot, of course I don't mind. Give us a hug and don't leave it so long next time, just a word or two will do, maybe a story now and again? Welcome back!'

1 comment:

Rebecca Emin said...

I love this post! How wonderful, it really made me smile :o)